Our market had a fantastic sale on red peppers at the beginning of the week, so I bought a ton of them. However, I did not feel like making something fancy, so I decided to follow my mom’s old trick: just bake. I simply put them in the oven and voila, this magic dish appeared. This recipe really takes no effort. Wash, turn, bake. That’s it!
I enjoyed them that night next to my Greek Salad (the warm peppers made the feta literally melt in my mouth), while my hubby had them as a side dish to his grilled chicken.
The next day I used them in a sandwich for lunch. And at night, when I had a bit more time I used the leftovers to make a tomato and roasted red pepper cream soup.
1 vegetable, so many ways to use it. Plus red peppers are full of vitamin-C, just in time to fight the changing weather and all the flus that are going around these days.
- 12 red Cayenne peppers
- Line a tray with foil.
- Wash peppers and place them one next to each other on the tray.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place tray with peppers and bake at 350F for 30 minutes.
- Turn peppers on the other side and bake another 10 minutes.
- Turn on uncooked sides.
- Check after 5 minutes and make sure that all sides are done.
- They are done when the liquid inside them is out and the peppers have a burnt look, and a caramel-like sticky sauce all around.
- Add a dash of salt or a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar and enjoy!
Incoming search terms:
- healthy oven roasted red peppers