Don’t skip breakfast. I am sure you heard it a million times, so here I am saying it the one million and one time. Time is one of the biggest enemies of breakfast. We always seem to have time for everything else, but making or eating breakfast.
The fix? This healthy oats recipe. It takes literally 10 seconds to prepare in the morning, and it can be taken to the office if you are that much in a hurry that you don’t even have time to eat it, let alone prepping something. My recipe has bananas, but you can add apples, pears, berries or any other fruits.
The best thing? It keeps you full for more than 4 hours. Plus, you are getting a ton of calcium, 10.9g for protein and just 3.3g of fat and less than 250 calories (not including the nuts).
- ⅓ cup oats
- ⅔ cup 2% all-natural yogurt
- ¼ cup water
- ½ banana
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts (optional)
- Place oats in a bowl.
- Add yogurt and water and mix well so that the oats are completely incorporated.
- Place in fridge and leave overnight.***If you are using quick oats you can skip this step and enjoy right away.
- Slice banana in small medallions.
- Remove oats and yogurt mixture from fridge.
- Top with banana slices and walnuts (if using).
- Have a healthy day!