What do you get when you freeze yogurt and instant coffee? A taste of HEAVEN: Tiramisu Ice Cream!
Lots of times I feel like having some coffee for desert. I pondered and pondered how to combine my occasional sweet tooth with my love for coffee and I came up with this recipe. It’s absolutely fabulous!
It has a strong coffee flavor, a bit bitter, yet it has just the right amount of sweetness. You can add more sugar, but I highly recommend you keep track of it, or else you will end up ramping up the calories for no reason.
- 2 Tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 Tablespoons fine brown sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 6 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Add the coffee and sugar in a cup.
- Add a tablespoon of milk and blend well, until the coffee is dissolved.
- Add the rest of the milk and blend well.
- Pour the coffee mixture in a blender pitcher and add the yogurt and vanilla extract if you choose to use it.
- Blend well using the pulse option for approximately 1 minute.
- The mixture should be slightly thick.
- Divide the mixture into an 8 popsicle mold or 8 plastic cups.
- Insert wooden sticks or popsicle sticks all the way through the mixture.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove from freezer, pull the popsicle out (you can run some warm water over the side of the cup to make it easier to pull) and let it rest for 1-2 minutes to defrost. This way you get a more creamier taste.
Incoming search terms:
- healthy homemade ice cream recipe
- how to make tiramisu ice cream cake home made