I love sandwiches. They are quick to make and perfect for combining a ton of healthy goodies. I always look for fun ways to experiment with food and sandwiches are one of my go-to mixes.
Plus, every time I have leftovers, or no clue what to eat, it’s always easy to combine ingredients to get a delicious, healthy and quick lunch or dinner.
This recipe is one of my favorites. It has a delicious creamy taste and it keeps me feeling full for a very long time. It only takes 5 minutes to whip together, so on those days when I’m running late (had more and more of those lately) it’s a great recipe to have on hand.
So brown bag it for the office, make it for your kids, or have it for dinner when you really don’t feel like making a difficult recipe. Hope you like it!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- ¼ avocado
- 2 thin slices reduced-fat feta cheese (aprox. 30 g)
- 3 kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 slices tomato
- 1 Romain lettuce leaf
- ½ teaspoon oregano (optional)
- Toast the bread.
- Cut the avocado in thin wedges and evenly spread the pieces on both slices of bread.
- Add the feta, lettuce and tomato.
- Sprinkle the cut olives and oregano.
- Put the slices together and cut in half.