This smoothie will have your taste buds go wild. It’s amazingly delicious, and full of vitamins and minerals. Popeye would be so proud!
Have it as a breakfast grab-and-go, or as a mid afternoon re-energizer. Low in fat and in calories, but full of flavor…need I say more?
I was a bit skeptical to try green smoothies, till I made this combination. But, don’t take my word for it. Try it for yourself! The recipe below makes two servings, so if you want only one glass, cut the ingredients in half.
- 4 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 10 leaves fresh spinach, washed
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon raw flax seed or crushed walnuts (optional)
- ½ cup water
- Slice banana in 1 inch medallions.
- Add strawberries, banana slices, spinach and seeds to blender.
- Pour water.
- Pulse all for about 1 minute.