Quinoa is one of the healthiest grains on the planet. Full of antioxidants, calcium, iron and phosphorus it’s almost nature’s best multivitamin.
This super fast and easy red quinoa salad is a great side dish, snack or perfect to stuff in a wrap. I came up with it when I was pressed by time and needed a quick and tasty lunch, and this combination proved to be just what I needed. I used some leftover quinoa and chickpeas and the rest is history. Read below for the instructions.
You can get some quick instructions on how to cook quinoa here.
For the chickpeas you can use canned, but it is always better to get dry chickpeas and boil them yourself. Learn how to boil chickpeas by reading this.
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup chickpeas, boiled
- ½ red pepper
- ½ onion
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the red pepper and the onions in small cubes.
- Add the quinoa, chickpeas, chopped red pepper and onion in a large bowl.
- Toss well.
- Add olive oil and lemon and mix well until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Season with salt and pepper according to taste.
- You may add additional lemon if you want a more fragrant salad.
- Dress with parley and serve next to grilled chicken or with a grilled cheese sandwich.
Incoming search terms:
- red quinoa quick salad