In the mood for something healthy and fast to make? These wraps are it! Made with healthy whole wheat pita (Remember! the only ingredients you want to see when you buy bread or pita are: are whole wheat flour, yeast and water), kale pesto and feta cheese, it really cannot get better. Every bite you will feel how your bones are thanking you. Iron form the pita, calcium from the kale and feta, and beta carotene and cancer-fighting goodness from kale. Should I go on?
They taste simply delicious on their own, but pairing them with the delicious watermelon gazpacho soup will have your taste buds run wild. Don’t just trust me on it. Try it for yourself! The whole meal comes in at less 400 calories and it provides you with all the necessary nutrients (good carbs, protein and healthy fat).
In case you are still need some convincing, the whole dish takes just 5 minutes to prep. That’s what I call the perfect meal!
- 1 small (8″ diameter) whole wheat pita
- 1 tablespoon kale pesto
- 2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese or 1 tablespoon goat cream cheese
- Toast or warm up the pita for 1 minute.
- Spread the kale pesto then sprinkle/spread the cheese.
- Start rolling the pita from one side to the other.
- Hold the roll in place and poke the pita with 4-6 toothpicks and cut between each toothpick.
- You can garnish with olives or serve as is.
- Makes one serving. Repeat above steps to make more than one.
- Bon Appétit!