This is one of the easiest ways to grill chicken, plus it takes so little time.
The picture shows it next to some yummy vegetable couscous and tabbouli salad. The combination is extremely tasty, not to mention super healthy. You get a burst of vitamins, protein, healthy carbs, and let’s not forget flavor!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- Wash the chicken breast and cut it in 1.5 inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a large bowl. Add the olive oil, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Cover the bowl and let marinate for 5 to 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a squared grill pan over medium heat and add the chicken.
- Grill on one side for 5 minutes. Turn each piece and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the water and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 minutes until the chicken gets cooked fully.
- You can take the lid off and cook for an extra 2 minutes and let the edges burn a little for a delicious smoked taste.
- Serve next to vegetarian couscous and tabbouli salad.