This is the perfect meal to start a healthy day. Plus, it’s a really easy way to cook up a delicious dinner when you are low on time. Enjoy it next to a Greek salad or a hearty asparagus soup.
Breakfast has never been easier, or tasted any better. Give this recipe a try and have fun with it. Add broccoli or red pepper for some extra vitamins. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of grated feta cheese for an added bonus of calcium. The possibilities are truly endless.
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ½ small onion
- ½ zucchini, peeled
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Beat the egg, egg whites, salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a round pan.
- Cut the onion and zucchini in thin medallions, about ¼ in each
- Place the zucchini and onion in a pan and sauté until they become slightly golden.
- Turn each medallion and then add the egg mixture over the vegetables and let it spread.
- Cook for 2 minutes on one side, then using a spatula flip on the other side and cook for another 1 minute.
- Once cooked, place the frittata on a plate and garnish with cayenne pepper.
- Serve warm next to tomatoes and lettuce or 1 piece of whole wheat toast.